Search This Blog

Sunday 1 March 2015

Project Flodden

I've lost the gaming 'mojo' over the past few years, the kids (my opponents) are growing up.  Work has took it's toll.  I've spent the past year on raising funds to pay for my super bicycle, so energies were spent on selling armies on EBay - awful absolutely awful.....

Anyway, I've been determined to get back into gaming, I've got two projects in mind.  The first is the Battle of Flodden 1513, I've always been fascinated by it.  Though it's a battle that's not very famous, odd considering it was fought on British soil & King James of Scotland was killed in it.

http://www.emillustration.co.uk/blog/index.php?m=06&y=10&entry=entry100615-180506
The plan then, using DBA 3.0 rules & lists, is to build two BBDBA armies, then have a game/campaign.  The DBA lists have the IV/83a Tudor English list 1513 & the IV/16 Scots Common Army list ends at 1513.  I don't want to just have the armies sitting around after the project is over, so I intend to use the English Army as a basis for a Henry VIII campaign.  We already have Italian Wars Armies, so battles with the French will be a future prospect.

Going through the 'Hordes of spare figures', we have a fair size English Army to begin with.  It will be primarily a Foot Army.  Composed mainly of Billmen & Archers.  It appears Cavalry/Knights didn't get a look in at Flodden.  Anyway more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment